Vacuum Ideas for Intex Pool with SWG

Jun 11, 2013
Just looking for any suggestions for a good solution to Vacuum my Intex 15x42 Metal Frame Pool. Last year I used the vac that came with it that attaches to the garden hose. Don't want to use that this year since I have a SWG now and don't want to be constantly adding water to the pool every time I vacuum it.
I have the standard cheap Intex Cartridge filter. Don't really care if whatever I vacuum with attaches to that, or is self powered by a small motor. I just don't want to be pulling water out or adding water in.
Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated. I know there's a million ways to do it. Just looking for cheap quick and easy. ;) Something that vac's into a filter bag should be fine. I don't usually get too much junk on the bottom of my pool since it's almost always got the solar cover on it.

This is the vacuum I use. It will work with your current pump/filter and wont add or drain any water. Also utilizes a debris bag to catch larger debris before it would get sucked into your filter.

You can locate it by searching the internet for Intex Deluxe Maintenance Kit.

Don't Expect it to vacuum up sand really good as your pump/filter is not strong enough to do so. Any fine silt will just get recirculated back into your pool aswell because your Cartridge filter/pump is not good enough to filter out very fine particles.

But it will get the leaves and small debris good.

mrmacdad12 said:
This is the vacuum I use. It will work with your current pump/filter and wont add or drain any water. Also utilizes a debris bag to catch larger debris before it would get sucked into your filter.

You can locate it by searching the internet for Intex Deluxe Maintenance Kit.

Don't Expect it to vacuum up sand really good as your pump/filter is not strong enough to do so. Any fine silt will just get recirculated back into your pool aswell because your Cartridge filter/pump is not good enough to filter out very fine particles.

But it will get the leaves and small debris good.

Mmrmacdad,

I have the same deluxe kit. What kind of pump are you using? Because this kit is horrible for the 2500gph Sand Saltwater System http://www.amazon.com/120V-SAND-FILTER- ... 1372871244 - the tube buckles under the flow because its cheap thin plastic. I don't think it was meant for this pump.

On top of that, even when I attach a regular 1.5 inch pool hose plus adapters, I loose suction after about 5 minutes of vacuuming.

I have the filter that came with the intex 15x42 pool. So too much suction is sadly not a problem for me.
I just empty the bag when it starts to lose suction, and then clean the cartridge when done.

I'm currently using a Intex 2650gal/hr sand filter with the larger wall connections and upgraded twist style plunger valves with built-in anti-suction valve. All of which were included with the Sand filter/pump. I just had to cut the holes larger and install the valves.

When I first tried to vacuum using the new pump/filter it would activate the anti-suction valve on the plunger and air would enter the pre-filter basket and the pump would lose prime. To remedy this problem I drilled holes into my screw on wall vacuum hose attachment. The holes allowed the anti-suction valve on my inlet plunger to stay closed and still allowed for good suction at my vacuum head.

I assume that using this new pump/filter without the anti-suction valves on the plungers very well could cause your vac hose to be sucked flat, the pump is very powerful. its caught my hand a few times when switching the screw on attachments for the skimmer and vacuum.

You can see my old pump/filter in the pics. I'll prob use that for a DIY solar heater later on.

http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/mrmacdad12/library/intex 15 foot regular frame pool

I remember having to clean my cartridge before I started vacuuming and cleaning the debris bag while vacuuming and then cleaning the cartridge again after vacuuming. I also remember the fine silt that I thought I had vacuumed up to have returned the vary next day. Silt doesnt return With the new sand filter/pump and vacuuming is a breeze no stopping in the middle to clean the debris bag. When im done, im done. When the filter pressure gets to about 13-14 I do a backwash and then rinse for a minute and then back to filtering. My cartridge cleaning days are over!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.