Broken deck and loose rock

tigerucla

LifeTime Supporter
A piece of our deck broke off. What would be the best way to replace/repair it?

Also, one of the rocks by the side of our pool is loose. What would be the best way to reset it?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2013_0611_062541.JPG
    2013_0611_062541.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 2013_0611_062616.JPG
    2013_0611_062616.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 2013_0611_062648.JPG
    2013_0611_062648.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 145
Hi Helen-

I ended up using PL Premium Fast Grab.

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/pl_ca_ ... hesive.htm

It is holding very well (strong stuff). People have stepped on the rock, and it hasn't budged at all. The color ended up being kind of beige, which didn't really match our gray based deck. But I don't really care. You only really see it if you look right at it. Time will tell how long it will last, but I'm guessing it will do very well over time.

Thank you! I think I may have tree roots buckling up my concrete deck and rock work. :shock: I wasn't sure what to use. Even if it lasts a few years, that will be a help!

Well, I don't think so. It's a huge Red Oak.. The PB told us we may have trouble.. but we thought we'd try.... It is our only shade tree in our back yard.

If you never want to worry about it again, use hydraulic cement. I may not have been on this board very long, but I have worked in the building industry long enough to tell you that is one of the strongest concrete products out there. Its bond is so strong, you could actually set it underwater in the pool to seal a crack in the gunite/shotcrete shell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.