What to do with water when draining for re surfacing?

This may sound silly, but I am in Texas where water restrictions are already a way of life for this summer. I am in a sub division but in the country so we all have septic systems - obviously I am not going to pump pool water through the septic system. So the water would be guided to the bar ditch and released (probably over a number of days). But that seems so wasteful in a place where water is precious. So is there anything else to be done with it? Would a volunteer fire department want it to fill a truck? Or something? It is a shame there isn't some way to store it and just put it back in the pool.

jcowart said:
Could you find an inflatable ring pool cheap or free. Pump into that to keep a good bit of the water.

Ohhhh not a bad idea! It just feels so wasteful to pour it all out! I have lived in places where water was abundant, and from that perspective I am sure it seems silly to worry about it. Living where lawn watering restrictions are already in place for most people, well, you get a different idea about water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.