What type of model is my pump?

Luria8,

Your pump is a Sta-Rite, DuraGlas or MaxiGlas.P2R____, but there are many models starting with P2R.

If you wish to replace the o-ring under the clear cover, please measure the diameter of the soft rounded groove around the top edge of the pump trap, just under where the lid screws on. That's where the o-ring sits to create the seal. The traps are either 5" or 6" in diameter for dozens of Sta-Rite pump models.

Yours appears, by the physical design of the pump trap, to be a 5" diameter.
If so, the o-ring part number is probably U9-229.
But if I were you, I would verify this with Sta-Rite, just to be sure.

If by some chance it is a 6" diameter trap, the o-ring part number is probably 16920-0012.

For more detail about your pump, can you tell by the motor, what is the horsepower, the max. load amps, the branch fuse rating amps? Is it a Single speed, Two speed or a Three phase motor?

All this info can help identify your pump for future reference.

I have a similar but not identical pump, and I'm looking at my owner's manual in order to assist you. That's why I can't absolutely guarantee the part numbers for your particular pump, not knowing the model nor the age of it.

Best wishes,
Alan

L8,
This is just a guess, based on the info on your motor, and the info in my manual, which may be from a different year:
You may have a Sta-Rite P2RA5E-181L, single speed 1 HP pump, or similar pump.
Sorry, no guarantees on that.

I suggest you look on the Sta-Rite website or call them for further clarification.

By the way, there's also a large o-ring inside wheel-shaped tank body, under the clamp.
I see your clamp appears to be missing its knob handle. Per my manual, that clamp knob is part number WC36-22.

Alan

I forgot to mention, it does make a difference if it is pre or post 1998 pump. You can tell by the copper flange behind the impeller. See #7b in the 5a call out below.

starite-duraglas-maxeglas-pool-pump-parts.jpg

mas985 said:
I forgot to mention, it does make a difference if it is pre or post 1998 pump. You can tell by the copper flange behind the impeller. See #7b in the 5a call out below.

starite-duraglas-maxeglas-pool-pump-parts.jpg

That is a tricky one :shock: since I dont know that information. But I will go with the assumption it was built before 1998, since the house was built in 1979 and seems to be the original pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.