Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What type of model is my pump?

1. Back To Top    #1

What type of model is my pump?

Can someone tell me what type of model this pump is? Im trying to buy the o-ring for it.
    Thats the best i can do with pictures...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    35,000 gallon inground pool
    D.E. Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What type of model is my pump?

Luria8,

Your pump is a Sta-Rite, DuraGlas or MaxiGlas.P2R____, but there are many models starting with P2R.

If you wish to replace the o-ring under the clear cover, please measure the diameter of the soft rounded groove around the top edge of the pump trap, just under where the lid screws on. That's where the o-ring sits to create the seal. The traps are either 5" or 6" in diameter for dozens of Sta-Rite pump models.

Yours appears, by the physical design of the pump trap, to be a 5" diameter.
    If so, the o-ring part number is probably U9-229.
    But if I were you, I would verify this with Sta-Rite, just to be sure.

If by some chance it is a 6" diameter trap, the o-ring part number is probably 16920-0012.

For more detail about your pump, can you tell by the motor, what is the horsepower, the max. load amps, the branch fuse rating amps? Is it a Single speed, Two speed or a Three phase motor?

All this info can help identify your pump for future reference.

I have a similar but not identical pump, and I'm looking at my owner's manual in order to assist you. That's why I can't absolutely guarantee the part numbers for your particular pump, not knowing the model nor the age of it.

Best wishes,
    Alan
    Alan in Wellington, FL - near West Palm Beach
    15,200 gal IG, painted plaster, 1988; 200 SqFt cartridge filter, 2013; 1.5 HP 1-speed pump (uprated), 2005; heat pump, 2005;
    soon to repair (dead) SWG AquaRite T-15 cell, 2005, and replace (dead) suction-side cleaner, 2005.
    Almost everything died this winter 2012-'13, and I know we shouldn't complain... but, Arrgh!

3. Back To Top    #3

Here is the label for the motor....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    D.E. Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

L8,
    This is just a guess, based on the info on your motor, and the info in my manual, which may be from a different year:
    You may have a Sta-Rite P2RA5E-181L, single speed 1 HP pump, or similar pump.
    Sorry, no guarantees on that.

I suggest you look on the Sta-Rite website or call them for further clarification.

By the way, there's also a large o-ring inside wheel-shaped tank body, under the clamp.
    I see your clamp appears to be missing its knob handle. Per my manual, that clamp knob is part number WC36-22.

Alan
    Alan in Wellington, FL - near West Palm Beach
    15,200 gal IG, painted plaster, 1988; 200 SqFt cartridge filter, 2013; 1.5 HP 1-speed pump (uprated), 2005; heat pump, 2005;
    soon to repair (dead) SWG AquaRite T-15 cell, 2005, and replace (dead) suction-side cleaner, 2005.
    Almost everything died this winter 2012-'13, and I know we shouldn't complain... but, Arrgh!

5. Back To Top    #5

Well thank you so much for your help!
    D.E. Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

The Gokit and many other parts are the same for the Duraglas/MaxEGlas so it technically doesn't matter which you have. But I would replace everything while you are at it.

http://www.amazon.com/Series-DuraGlas-M ... lass+gokit
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by mas985
    The Gokit and many other parts are the same for the Duraglas/MaxEGlas so it technically doesn't matter which you have. But I would replace everything while you are at it.

http://www.amazon.com/Series-DuraGlas-M ... lass+gokit
    Good call, I did not know they had kits! Thanks for the suggestion.
    D.E. Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

I forgot to mention, it does make a difference if it is pre or post 1998 pump. You can tell by the copper flange behind the impeller. See #7b in the 5a call out below.

Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by mas985
    I forgot to mention, it does make a difference if it is pre or post 1998 pump. You can tell by the copper flange behind the impeller. See #7b in the 5a call out below.

That is a tricky one since I dont know that information. But I will go with the assumption it was built before 1998, since the house was built in 1979 and seems to be the original pump.
    D.E. Filter