Follow up Water Test

dschribs

Mar 14, 2013
CT
I have been religiously testing my water since I opened my pool on Memorial Day. I added 2 gallons of liquid stabilizer right off the bat and have been keeping up with my chlorine levels using bleach. Water looks amazing. Four new cartridge filters also helped water clarity just a bit I would think! :wink: I get lots of comments from my friends that have pools and they are especially amazed since this is the first house I have had with a pool.

As of last night:

FC: 1.5 (added 128 ounces of bleach this morning)
CC: 0
pH: 7.5
TA: 50
CYA: 35

Quick questions on my most recent test numbers.

- Should I bother to mess with the TA?? My pH has been dead on 7.5 since I opened the pool and has not changed a bit. I'm afraid that if I add baking soda it may change my pH. If my pH has been stable to date - do I still need to adjust the TA?

- CYA needs to come up to at least 50 correct?? I had a reading of basically zero when I opened the pool.

Thanks!

You get more out of the chlorine by adding it in the evening when the sun is off the pool. That way all works on any organics and none lost to the sun.

As Dave said, don't let the FC fall below the min for the CYA level.

You're lucky, we may know some folks that would kill for pH that remained stable :mrgreen:

Good job :goodjob: Now can we see a pic? :-D

Butterfly said:
You get more out of the chlorine by adding it in the evening when the sun is off the pool. That way all works on any organics and none lost to the sun.

I only run my filter from 7 am to 4 pm. Is it still ok to put chlorine in the water at night given that the water won't be circulated for another 10 or so hours when the pump/filter starts up??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.