Adding A Slide To an AG Pool - Pumping Water Down It

crokett

Jul 17, 2007
Hillsborough, NC
My wife brought home a plastic playground slide she got at a yard sale. I think I have worked out how to mount it on the deck. However, I am wondering if I need to pump water up to the top of it to keep it wet. If so, would something like this work? I don't like that that pump has to sit in the water. I'd prefer one that was self priming that could sit on the deck under the slide with a hose into the pool.

http://www.harborfreight.com/200-gph-mi ... 68372.html

I thought about cutting into the return line to the pool, but the pool pump won't always be running when people are swimming.

father in law had a swingset slide on his (until storm) :( he built a platform on top of a portion of his deck, built a ladder to climb up to it, and a 3x3 area where slide connected to.

anyway, he used at one time a fountain pump to wet the slide. however, after it burned up the first season, our kids found that if they got on the slide with a wet bathing suit....it worked the same, whether water was pumping on it or not, it didnt matter. :p

id mount the slide, then see if there is issues with users going down it. if so, then id look at a pump.

your kids will love it either way

I've often thought about the same kind of set up, except the pump.
Your right, I think kids would love it regardless, I doubt they'd care about using a bucket to wet the slide.
One concern I have personally is our deck is elevated +- 4' and if the slide is another 4-6 feet....I picture my kid doing a 10' header off the deck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.