Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding A Slide To an AG Pool - Pumping Water Down It

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding A Slide To an AG Pool - Pumping Water Down It

My wife brought home a plastic playground slide she got at a yard sale. I think I have worked out how to mount it on the deck. However, I am wondering if I need to pump water up to the top of it to keep it wet. If so, would something like this work? I don't like that that pump has to sit in the water. I'd prefer one that was self priming that could sit on the deck under the slide with a hose into the pool.

http://www.harborfreight.com/200-gph-mi ... 68372.html

I thought about cutting into the return line to the pool, but the pool pump won't always be running when people are swimming.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding A Slide To an AG Pool - Pumping Water Down It

Just wanted to request a few pics when you get the slide installed, I've kicked the same idea around for some time, I've love to see how you do it.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

3. Back To Top    #3

father in law had a swingset slide on his (until storm) he built a platform on top of a portion of his deck, built a ladder to climb up to it, and a 3x3 area where slide connected to.

anyway, he used at one time a fountain pump to wet the slide. however, after it burned up the first season, our kids found that if they got on the slide with a wet bathing suit....it worked the same, whether water was pumping on it or not, it didnt matter. :P

id mount the slide, then see if there is issues with users going down it. if so, then id look at a pump.

your kids will love it either way
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!

4. Back To Top    #4

I've often thought about the same kind of set up, except the pump.
    Your right, I think kids would love it regardless, I doubt they'd care about using a bucket to wet the slide.
    One concern I have personally is our deck is elevated +- 4' and if the slide is another 4-6 feet....I picture my kid doing a 10' header off the deck.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list