Automatic Pool Cleaners with Steps

Jun 10, 2013
My family is buying a new above ground pool and either a Wanda the Whale automatic cleaner or a Zodiac Wahoo automatic cleaner comes with the pool according on where we buy our pool. We were also planning on buying Ocean Blue Grand Entrance Steps to make it easier to enter and exit the pool. However, I saw a few people say online that that the pool cleaners get caught on ladders and steps and could tear a hole in liner if it gets caught on something. Has anyone tried these products and have they worked with steps or have you found a solution to make them work? Thanks.

Wanda cannot climb stairs. She walks around the flat bottom of an AG pool with little rubber feet. The black ring around her base allows her to spin when she gets to a corner or the wall of the pool.

Here is a riveting video I made of her sister, Aquabug, cleaning my pool.

At 2:08 you can see her underside when she sucked up a play ring. At about 4:40 she runs into my ladder base.

[youtube:21jqlmwo]NJrIqkf9k9A[/youtube:21jqlmwo]

She was retired this year. She has been replaced by DiverDave... who I always call DiverDan.

Diver_Dave.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.