CYA chart from Pool school or Data from the Pool Calculator

Jun 7, 2013
Trying to work my way through the shock process. I have the TF-100 test kit and being working it for 26 hours. My FC has been holding steady last 4 hours, but I realized I might not be driving it high enough.

I have been using the recommendation from the Pool Calculator ( set to Trouble Free Pool recommendations). If I compare it to the CYA chart, I realize that the CYA chart is higher than the calculator.

For example, with a CYA of 50, the chart says shock target is 20 ppm, the Pool calculator recommends a shock level of 16.

Have I been keeping the level too low?

Re: CYA chart from Pool school or Data from the Pool Calcula

tmdustmd said:
Trying to work my way through the shock process. I have the TF-100 test kit and being working it for 26 hours. My FC has been holding steady last 4 hours, but I realized I might not be driving it high enough.

I have been using the recommendation from the Pool Calculator ( set to Trouble Free Pool recommendations). If I compare it to the CYA chart, I realize that the CYA chart is higher than the calculator.

For example, with a CYA of 50, the chart says shock target is 20 ppm, the Pool calculator recommends a shock level of 16.

Have I been keeping the level too low?

When shocking how long do you keep it up. Say you are going for a target if 16..once you get it there how long to you keep it there?

Re: CYA chart from Pool school or Data from the Pool Calcula

chances said:
When shocking how long do you keep it up. Say you are going for a target if 16..once you get it there how long to you keep it there?

Are you asking for your own knowledge or to see if the OP is doing it correctly?

Read the process in Pool School. You maintain shock level until you pass the 3 criteria to stop.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.