pump motor quit

Jul 8, 2012
can i replace my pump motor with a whirlpool tub pump motor?the motors look the same.can i take the intake(skimmer basket)section off the old one and put it on the new one?trying to save $. 200 bucks for a new one.got an old tub w/jet pump that works good just dont want it anymore. Anyone do this before?

Welcome to tfp, suseejr :wave:

Assuming you mean the pump/motor and not just motor...maybe...post the make model of both pumps.

You say your current pump is not working, does it not start, blow a fuse, make a noise, etc.?

well the breaker tripped a couple times,and then while i was backwashing it, i smelled something burning then the pump quit.was not the breaker that time.this was a pump that my buddy gave me last year when the pump i had for 20yrs burned out. he takes down unwanted pools for people and keeps whats good.I knew it was a temp. fix.Im leaning towards just buying a new one instead of messing around with what i have.dont want to do a bunch of work and the have to buy one anyway.i'll get back with the specs

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.