Two Depth Levels In ABG Pool

I'm in the process of installing a 27' round ABG pool. The pool wall is 52" tall and my liner is a normal non-deep end 48-52" liner. I'm thinking of adding sand to a portion of the pool to bring the depth to 36". Will this work with the current liner and pool or will I have issues with the wall, etc? The pool is a Trevi 207 Steel Wall. Here is a picture of what I would like to do.

image_zps1366fb3c.jpg

You may experience a lot wrinkling with the liner. I've seen people go with deep ends but never have I seen one go shallower in a portion of an above ground pool. I'm not saying it shouldn't be done but I've never seen it done. What are you going to use as a pool base/fill in because I don't think sand will let you build up like that.

And just for grins... why would you want to do this? My first thought would be small children.

I once asked about this and there was concern about not having equal water pressure on the wall IIRC. I also wondered how the liner seam that is normally on the cove would handle the different stress of going up and down at the elevation changes. I ended up not doing it and my little kids are currently using life jackets and loving it. Once they can touch then they'll take off the life jackets. If I'm in the pool with them then one at a time they can take off the life jackets, but most of the time they don't wish to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.