Mini deck to provide leveled support for Intex 14' x 48" UF?

Jun 10, 2013
Hi,

Planning on purchasing Intex 14' x 48" Ultra Frame Swimming Pool. The only spot I can put it on my property has about about 1.7 / 12" pitch (or in other words 18-20" incline). Technically I can level it up with some backfill but it'll require a small retainer and go against the existing fence. I can also level it up by digging up the higher side but it'll prob require getting a small backhoe - a few stumps and plenty of roots under that area.

Would it be a good idea to build a leveling platform? Like a mini-deck? I can probably space stumps 3.5' apart throughout the area, 2x8 joists, regular 2x6 decking on top?

Anyone with similar setup?

Thanks

P.S. Don't have a pool installed yet so pardon my lack of signature. I did read the rules though :)

Re: Mini deck to provide leveled support for Intex 14' x 48"

Welcome to tfp, noreasterner :wave:

A pool full of water is heavy. It is possible to build a deck to support it, but it would need to be a very sturdy deck. Your pool will weigh ~33000 lbs :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.