Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Mini deck to provide leveled support for Intex 14' x 48" UF?

1. Back To Top    #1

Mini deck to provide leveled support for Intex 14' x 48" UF?

Planning on purchasing Intex 14' x 48" Ultra Frame Swimming Pool. The only spot I can put it on my property has about about 1.7 / 12" pitch (or in other words 18-20" incline). Technically I can level it up with some backfill but it'll require a small retainer and go against the existing fence. I can also level it up by digging up the higher side but it'll prob require getting a small backhoe - a few stumps and plenty of roots under that area.

Would it be a good idea to build a leveling platform? Like a mini-deck? I can probably space stumps 3.5' apart throughout the area, 2x8 joists, regular 2x6 decking on top?

Anyone with similar setup?

P.S. Don't have a pool installed yet so pardon my lack of signature. I did read the rules though
    16' x 32' 20,000 gallon in ground pool

Sand Filter

Vinyl liner

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Mini deck to provide leveled support for Intex 14' x 48"

Welcome to tfp, noreasterner

A pool full of water is heavy. It is possible to build a deck to support it, but it would need to be a very sturdy deck. Your pool will weigh ~33000 lbs
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.