Does R-0013 CYA reagent lose alot of potency.

Well, two years is a long time for any of the reagents but, sadly, (because I'm not gonna' get to sell a refill :mrgreen: ) The R-0013 is probably the most stable reagent in the kit and should be just fine.

duraleigh said:
Well, two years is a long time for any of the reagents but, sadly, (because I'm not gonna' get to sell a refill :mrgreen: ) The R-0013 is probably the most stable reagent in the kit and should be just fine.
Since I've had my Taylor k-2006 test kit, my cya hasn't shown up on the scale. I've been taking samples to leslies who basically is using the same test reagent, r-0013 but using the 4088 sliding stick comparator resulting in a 40ppm result. Being concerned that My own test using twice diluted sample just to see the black dot on the scale and a cya of 320, I called Taylor cust service who said that the 4088 tests done by Leslies is probably correct especially since my chlorine usage stays at about 1ppm/day and my water is a pretty clear blue. I've ordered the 4088 test from them. No special lighting conditions required and a easier to use comparator. And no draining my pool. Also picking up a16 oz bottle of r-0013 reagent considering higher use in the 4088 tester. I tested my tap/fill water and the ta is150-- no wonder My pool ta is130. We've had a lot of rain lately. I built an aerator the other day. Question I have is does that have any affect on chlorine usage? My pH has been low recently, so I'm wondering how long it should take to notice an increase, and how high can it go? I bought a couple gals of MA the other day, but Haven't used it yet. How much will it take to lower TA to 80? From 130.

JasonLion said:
While it is quite a bit easier to use, lighting still affects the 4088 sliding cell. It also requires more reagent for each test.
Not according to Taylor about the lighting-I asked specifically about that. And regarding the additional reagent, thus the 16 oz bottle. Cost is just slightly more than a 2 oz replacement. Thanks for the quick reply Jason!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.