iAqualink and Jandy Remote

Mar 18, 2013
We just had our pool installed & last weekend was our first weekend to use it!

We have the iAqualink, but we've found it to be a bit of a pain to get up from the spa and go over to the equipment to adjust the heat, turn on the water features, etc, so we wanted to get a remote (cellphones NOT allowed in the pool, as that would just be a water damage claim waiting to happen!) We were looking at the Aqualink PDA-PS4, but I don't really understand if we could buy just the remote and hook it up, or if we have to buy some kind of kit so that it will connect. We have a control box by the equipment that turns things off/on with a button press, so would we just be able to connect to that?
Our PB is giving us a bit of a run around saying we can't use the PS4 and would need to get a (WAY more expensive) PS8, because we have 5 things that would need controlling. I say who cares if I can control the pool cleaner from the remote, it won't be on when I'm in the spa anyway, so just let us use the PS4 and don't connect the pool cleaner (I can control that from my phone anyway, when I'm DRY!)

Thanks for the help! I know I will definitely be a frequent reader!

Having used both the PDA remote and the iAqualink iPhone app, I highly suggest you get a used iPhone 4, 4S, or 5 and put it in a Lifeproof waterproof case. If you have wifi access where your pool is, the phone doesn't have to be activated on a cellular network so won't have a monthly bill associated with it. If you can find a good waterproof case for an iPod Touch, that would obviously work also. The response and control is so much faster and easier with the iPhone that I can't stand using the PDA remote anymore. The bonus with the waterproofed iPhone is that you can take underwater pictures and have them Photostreamed to your Apple ID without having to plug the phone into your computer to get the pictures off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.