Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I use borax and need to adjust ph up

1. Back To Top    #1

I use borax and need to adjust ph up

My borate level is about 40 already and my ph is 6.8 after massive rain storms.
    Pool calculator says to add 201 ounces of borax to correct. Will this mess up borax level to high or should I use something else to raise ph?
    ph 6.8
    FC 2
    CC 0
    CYA 60
    TA 75
    CH 190

Vinyl pool. Shocking in progress...
    Thanks
    Rich
    20 X 40 Vinyl IG 28K gallons, Heat Siphon Z700HP, Hayward 4820 DE, Hayward SP3400VSP, Jandy aquapure 1400, TFTest Kit, Pool School, Pool Calculator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I use borax and need to adjust ph up

Quote Originally Posted by lungs414
    Pool calculator says to add 201 ounces of borax to correct. Will this mess up borax level to high or should I use something else to raise ph?
    Use borax...it will only raise your borate level by 6.1 ppm. 50 ppm target for borates is a guideline. Being a bit above that wont hurt or help anything.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: I use borax and need to adjust ph up

thank you
    20 X 40 Vinyl IG 28K gallons, Heat Siphon Z700HP, Hayward 4820 DE, Hayward SP3400VSP, Jandy aquapure 1400, TFTest Kit, Pool School, Pool Calculator