Summer #2 with BBB and couldn't be happier

May 27, 2012
Opened the pool 2 weeks ago -- first full season using BBB, but 2nd summer and it is fantastic! Had I not had to install shaft seals in my new pump, we'd have been swimming in 2 days instead of the 3+ weeks it would take me using the old method! The only other issue is my using the pump capacity (24k gallons/8 hours) as my pool volume (15.2k gallon) and waaaaaay overdosing with Cl initially. Down to 47oz of bleach every other day -- this is soooo flippin' easy!! Thanks TFP for making my life so much easier!!

I have just registered on this forum and so have not had to to read all that has gone on before, I would however like to endorse the so called BBB method. Mine is an indoor pool 30ft x 8ft x 4ft deep with all year round held temperature of 32 deg, we swim every other day.
2 years ago, I had gotten really fed up with the problems encountered with pool chemicals and 'traditional methods' and so for 2 years since :-
dose every other day with 2 litres of supermarket cheap bleach
on the very odd occasion, (when the acid is high) add bicarbinate of soda
I also got rid of the sand filter with all it's associated problems, added a bag filter and now enjoy filtered swimming without any backwashing.
I change the bag at most, once a year
I am a very happy chappy :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.