Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Summer #2 with BBB and couldn't be happier

1. Back To Top    #1

Summer #2 with BBB and couldn't be happier

Opened the pool 2 weeks ago -- first full season using BBB, but 2nd summer and it is fantastic! Had I not had to install shaft seals in my new pump, we'd have been swimming in 2 days instead of the 3+ weeks it would take me using the old method! The only other issue is my using the pump capacity (24k gallons/8 hours) as my pool volume (15.2k gallon) and waaaaaay overdosing with Cl initially. Down to 47oz of bleach every other day -- this is soooo flippin' easy!! Thanks TFP for making my life so much easier!!
    24' round AG, 15.2k gal, DE, Filter size: 'bout 3 ft. ;)
    "All hail TFP!"

2. Back To Top    #2
    South Carolina

Re: Summer #2 with BBB and couldn't be happier

Nice post! But remember, you were willing to learn the TFP method and did all the work!

TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Summer #2 with BBB and couldn't be happier

I have just registered on this forum and so have not had to to read all that has gone on before, I would however like to endorse the so called BBB method. Mine is an indoor pool 30ft x 8ft x 4ft deep with all year round held temperature of 32 deg, we swim every other day.
    2 years ago, I had gotten really fed up with the problems encountered with pool chemicals and 'traditional methods' and so for 2 years since :-
    dose every other day with 2 litres of supermarket cheap bleach
    on the very odd occasion, (when the acid is high) add bicarbinate of soda
    I also got rid of the sand filter with all it's associated problems, added a bag filter and now enjoy filtered swimming without any backwashing.
    I change the bag at most, once a year
    I am a very happy chappy