Bad weather pool depression?

May 14, 2013
I live in the Mid-Atlantic and it is going to rain all week! This has got me down as I finally have my pool in shape and ready to swim and the weather is garbage. Anybody else get depressed when this happens? This is my first season with a pool and this weather is killing me! First it was too cold, now raining! Just thought I would take a break from all the great technical discussion around here and mention this. :-D

Welcome to the club.

It is disheartening when you have your pool ready to go, and can't use it because of thunderstorms that just don't seem to quit.

Not a lot of fun just staring out the window at a nice clean -- albeit cold from the rain -- pool that is just begging for use.

It's Mr Murphy 's law at its best. We put up our pool last summer during a crazy high heat streak then once we were able to swim we had an early fall. If nothing it's taught us that if the weather is nice get in the pool because you don't know with the weird weather.

:party: I am getting my thermal underwear on and jumping in on Thursday when this rain quits. My pool has overflowed from the amount of rain and the weather is cold! Night temps dropping in 40-50s so any warmth that came from the 60-70 degree temps these last 2 weeks is gone. While cleaning and getting it ready to go we were in high 80-low 90's go figure.

Well if you see a nutcase on the news in thermals in the Northeast on TV then it will be me on Thursday. Supposed to be no rain that day. LOL :party:

Loudonno said:
Live in pa had to drain my pool twice this week because the rain drove the water level above my skimmers sigh

That's one of the very few things I like about the Intex frame pools. The notches in the liner for the top tubes become an automatic release for excess water, but then, I like to keep my water level close to that seam anyway. If I had a way to add a few inches to the depth at the wall, I would. I do have the bottom sloped about 3" to the center, and no problems with the liner being stressed.

Sure wish the weather would cooperate!

Charlie that is my concern, the stress. I need to release some water today but alas more rain and again the rest of the weekend. I have let it overflow as well but as we are to get several more inches I think I am going to release some so the area around the pool does not become more saturated and then compromise the ground around the pool. DANG at this point I could have set the pool up and not paid for water delivery. LOL

Looking for the sun to come out. Swimming in rain ok but swimming in 50 degree weather NOT OK!

I have a discharge hose and I direct it to different parts of the yard. Or you may find me holding it in the air and shooting the water around the yard. LOL At this point the yard is saturated to the point of squishy....... that is why I am concerned about just letting it overflow as per the usual.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
techguy said:
It's no fun to have your new toy ready to play with...and you can't. I guess it's time to play with the"box" it came it.

My toy is still in the boxes! I can't start because I have a 50'x30' mud pit. :|

Patiently awaiting dry weather in Pennsylvania!

After reading the instructions for the tenth time, you can read through Pool School several times. Even if you've been caring for a pool for several years, it is still worth reading through it several more times. You never know what little tidbit of info will jump out at you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.