Eco Saver 20' Solar Panel install question's on Intex pool

Jun 7, 2013
Hello,

I have a 16ft Intex Pool and I am wanting to install the 20' Eco saver solar panel. My question is about the distance the 20' panel is compared to the pump and inlet. The manual states that you can run the panel up to 30' feet away from the pump. I have a an Intex 2650 pump that's 1hp, which meets the minimum suggested requirement. I don't like pushing the system to the maximum but the panel would be in the shade very little and is in a better location (behind the pool which is less visible).

Is the 30 foot distance from the pump measured to the lines going into the panel or at the very end?

What size of pipe is recommended for running from the pump to the panel?

Any thoughts or experience's?

I will post a picture later, I have to reduce the size of the photo.

Thanks!

Re: Eco Saver 20' Solar Panel install question's on Intex po

I suspect the 30 foot number is somewhat arbitrary, while there is a certain amount of flow restriction in 30 feet of straight line flow, and a certain amount of heat loss, you get much more flow restriction by introducing fittings or any type of elevation increase.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.