cloudy pool

bof

May 17, 2013
Cyprus
Hi All

Had a really sparkling pool then overdosed on chlorine and pool has gone cloudy, but you can still see the bottom and is 1.4 m deep/
Chlorine is at 5
TA is 150
pH is 7.5

Any ideas as I do not want to just pore chemicals in and the people here know everything about every thing you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance

Ian (I will know what i am doing one day) :hammer:

What kind of chlorine did you add? If it was calcium hypochlorite (Cal-Hypo), a powdered type of chlorine, it is common for the water to turn cloudy after it is added. This is due to the calcium in that type of chlorine. It will gradually clear over several days.

This is one reason we recommend liquid bleach for chlorine. It has no undesirable side effects.

Thanks zea3
The CH is 500 and that is the water type for this island
I do not have a tester for CYA
My test kit is a 1200V from Bioguard
I am running my pool pump for one two hoursin the morning and one hour in the late afternoon.
A neighbor has suggested I change the pump times to one hour in the morning , two hours midday and one hour late afternoon. He said my setup was for the winter period.

Please review pool-school/shocking_your_pool so that you get this taken care of as quickly as possible. Do you know the capacity of your Sand Filter? It's size? Model etc? It could just be that your filter needs to run more hours per day. If you pass the OCLT pool-school/overnight_fc_test you don't need to shock, you just need patience and more filter time. I've read sand filter's aren't the best at filtering out the fine particles. You could try pool-school/add_de_to_a_sand_filter to improve the filtering.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.