Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Swimmer in VA

1. Back To Top    #1

Swimmer in VA

Hello group. Briefly read this site parts of last year, will likely become more involved this year (beg for help), as I was frustrated with pool chemistry last year. (Burning eyes even with brief underwater eye opening)

Any rate, I have a 14x34' IG. Just opened late last month, we use a tarp, so opened to clear water. Just laid solar blanket yesterday, needs a final trim soon. Also replaced swollen chorinator O ring and attempted to clean gum like residue off cap threads which I theorize is why the cap threads on/off so hard. I'll fill out my sig before I start officially begging for help though. Looking forward to the community.

Ah yes, north western VA here. Apart for the nonstop recent rain, we typically have some lovely swimming days coming up.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk HD
    14,000 gallon rectangle vinyl pool. 4' depth throughout
    Hayward SP2605x7 3/4 HP pump and S-220T sand filter (23 GPM filter rate) with SP0714T multi-port valve.
    Inline chlorinator
    T104R pump timer

2. Back To Top    #2
    South Carolina

Re: Swimmer in VA

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

4. Back To Top    #4
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!