Walmart Aqua chem liquid chlorinizor

Well, I thought this stuff would perform better than regular bleach since it has a higher percentage of sodium hypochlorite (10%)
But, often the water is green the day after, whereas a container of walmart bleach always turns the pool blue.

There is no airtight seal on the aqua chem containers and I wonder if that is the problem. They spill if they fall over.

It could be possible that it got baked in the sun and lost potency but I would be skeptical. Maybe a bad batch? Do you ever test right after adding it to the pool? Walmart has pretty good turnover on their products so it shouldn't have been sitting on the shelf too long.

Um ... bleach should not turn the pool blue or green or any color. The water should be completely clear ... colorless. If yours is not clear, then you have other issues.

Post up a full set of test results.

Wow. Did I totally misunderstand your post? I thought the blue was a positive thing for your pool (As in you have a blue liner so it was making it clear) I thought you were just commenting on it's lack of strength and that it was not chlorinating your pool properly. If it is actually changing the color of your pool there is definitely something else going on. We definitely need some test results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.