Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Walmart Aqua chem liquid chlorinizor

1. Back To Top    #1

Walmart Aqua chem liquid chlorinizor

Well, I thought this stuff would perform better than regular bleach since it has a higher percentage of sodium hypochlorite (10%)
    But, often the water is green the day after, whereas a container of walmart bleach always turns the pool blue.

There is no airtight seal on the aqua chem containers and I wonder if that is the problem. They spill if they fall over.
    In-Ground 15,000 gallon pool
    Sand Filter
    Dead / Humming Pump (Capacitor Rated 161-193 and test revealed 164 ...so on the low side, Contacts all cleaned, still not working)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Walmart Aqua chem liquid chlorinizor

It could be possible that it got baked in the sun and lost potency but I would be skeptical. Maybe a bad batch? Do you ever test right after adding it to the pool? Walmart has pretty good turnover on their products so it shouldn't have been sitting on the shelf too long.
    15'x30' IG - Roman-style - 14K - Pebble Fina Classico
    Filter: Jandy CL460 Pump: Jandy Stealth SHPF1.5 SWG: Jandy AquaPure 1400 Cleaner: Jandy RayVac Test Kit: TF-100 w/SpeedStir

Chlorine/CYA Chart----Extended Test Kit Directions----SLAM

3. Back To Top    #3

I bought six of them...only one seemed to turn the pool blue, but even that blue was slightly blue green...whereas the regular bleach...wow...it's sky blue. Same amount used...one container...
    In-Ground 15,000 gallon pool
    Sand Filter
    Dead / Humming Pump (Capacitor Rated 161-193 and test revealed 164 ...so on the low side, Contacts all cleaned, still not working)

4. Back To Top    #4

Um ... bleach should not turn the pool blue or green or any color. The water should be completely clear ... colorless. If yours is not clear, then you have other issues.

Post up a full set of test results.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Wow. Did I totally misunderstand your post? I thought the blue was a positive thing for your pool (As in you have a blue liner so it was making it clear) I thought you were just commenting on it's lack of strength and that it was not chlorinating your pool properly. If it is actually changing the color of your pool there is definitely something else going on. We definitely need some test results.
    15'x30' IG - Roman-style - 14K - Pebble Fina Classico
    Filter: Jandy CL460 Pump: Jandy Stealth SHPF1.5 SWG: Jandy AquaPure 1400 Cleaner: Jandy RayVac Test Kit: TF-100 w/SpeedStir

Chlorine/CYA Chart----Extended Test Kit Directions----SLAM

6. Back To Top    #6

To clarify, when putting the bleach into the pool water, there is some color as the bleach is a little yellow before it mixes in, but everything should be clear.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!