Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chemistry close???? Cloudy water

1. Back To Top    #1

Longview Tx

Chemistry close???? Cloudy water

My water is "clear" in the sense that i can see the bottom and see people in the water. The water still looks cloudy tho. esp if I am in the water with goggles.
    Numbers are....

Any thoughts????
    31' round, 21k gal, AG, sand filter, chlorine

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Chemistry close???? Cloudy water

Chlorine is too low for that CYA level. FC should never dip below 4, and I prefer to have an extra ppm for insurance. Try a big dose of chlorine tonight - take it up to 10ish and give it some time and some brushing
    to mix well.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    South Carolina

Re: Chemistry close???? Cloudy water

^^^ yep, as Richard said, FC is too low. For CYA of 50, FC is 4 to 8 and never below 4. You can run another OCLT to make sure nothing organic is trying to take hold.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!