Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New AGP just setup today!

1. Back To Top    #1

New AGP just setup today!

Hey everyone! So we had a small easy set pool last year (10' I think) so this year we decided to upgrade. We got the 18' X 48" Intex Ultra Frame. Leveled the ground, setup the pool, hard plumbed everything with a spot to attach a solar heater in the future (although I have a leak at the pump) and filled it with water.

The fill water before adding anything tested like this.

Total Chlorine - 0
    PH - 6.8
    Total Hardness - 10 ppm
    Total Alkalinity - 10 ppm

I'm using the HTH 6-way test kit. Will get a Taylor kit later this summer, but I think this will get me by for now.

Anyhow, the pool is about 6400 gallons so we added 58oz of 8.25% bleach which should bring the chlorine up to 6. Will test again tomorrow.

Obviously I need to get my PH up, hardness and alkalinity are low as well. This is town water BTW, and it had a green tint to it in the pool. What else do I need to do. I know I need to get my CYA up as well but I can't seem to find any pool shock with Dichlor or Trichlor in it except in tablet form, could I use the tablets in a dispenser to help get the CYA up. I don't really want to spend $20 on a bottle of Cyanuric Acid when I have some tables left from last year.
    Intex 18' X 48" Hard Plumbed running the 1800gph pump that came with it. Using BBB method

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New AGP just setup today!

You can go to Walmart and buy granular CYA for about 9 bucks. The pucks will be too slow initially. Take CYA to 30 to start.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Really? I didn't see it there, just some $20 cyanuric acid, believe it was a liquid. I'll take another look maybe tomorrow.
    Intex 18' X 48" Hard Plumbed running the 1800gph pump that came with it. Using BBB method

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepfreak81
    Really? I didn't see it there, just some $20 cyanuric acid, believe it was a liquid. I'll take another look maybe tomorrow.
    Its called conditioner or stabilizer in pool chem dept.
    13,900gal 24'x52" Backyard Leisure Heritage AGP
    20ml All Swirl Flat Liner
    Pentair 1.5hp Pump and 150# Sand Filter System
    Smart Step Ladder w/Smart Light
    TF100 test kit, BBB Baby!