Used BBB to clear my pool the first year I bought my house, worked great. Next summer due to various reasons, could not open pool, cover fell in, swamp. Left it that way over the winter, reopening.
Tested pH when I started, was 8.2 or higher, at least it seemed to match the 8.2 color. Added the recommended acid by the calculator. Instead of waiting and testing again to make sure it was now corrected, I started shocking. I know that it will read high while shocking so I have no way to confirm it now but I was thinking.
Question 1: What if I took some water out and let it sit in the sun and verified it has 0 FC after a day or so and then tested the PH of that water? Could I use that to see if it needs more adjusting?
Question 2: Does liquid acid become weaker over time if the seal on the bottle is not broken?