Doing my shock process

May 31, 2013
St.Louis, MO
Hi again,

My last thread had too much going on in it and i'm doing the shock process now so I'm starting a fresh thread.

Here were my results 6/6

TC - 0 I honestly couldnt even see ANY yellow
CC - --- I didnt do any other chlorine tests since TC was 0, or was that wrong of me?
pH - 6.8
TA - 45-50
CH - ~80
CYA - 0
Salt - ~700ppm

6/7 at night I added stabilizer & borax, then later added 3/4 gallon 10% Chlorine.

6/8 Morning my results were

pH - 7.2
FC - 4.5
CC - 1
TC - 5.5
CYA - (Should be 30ppm)

After this I added a gallon of 10% chlorine and was gone all day for Racing.

6/9 Today the pool is the clearest it has been yet (thanks again TFP!!)

My results were the same

pH - 7.2
FC - 4.5
CC - 1
TC - 5.5

It seems that I need to add more Chlorine to the pool and get it up to shock levels according to the chart? I have the SWG off and unplugged

ZKvwPO0.png

Is it alright to vacuum my pool during this process? I usually vacuum on the waste setting so ill be losing and filling a little water. Now that everything is clearer I can see more dirt on the bottom. I brushed it all up yesterday but a lot of it settled at the bottom again.

My current results are

FC - 7
CC - .5
TC 7.5

I need to go grab some more bleach and get it up to 12 again.

If you have junk on the bottom of the pool (any color junk... black, green,white) it will benefit you to vacuum to waste, assuming you have cost effective, clean water for re-fill.

I would vacuum before you bleach/chlorinate.

techguy said:
If you have junk on the bottom of the pool (any color junk... black, green,white) it will benefit you to vacuum to waste, assuming you have cost effective, clean water for re-fill.

I would vacuum before you bleach/chlorinate.
Thanks.

I vacuumed and then had to refill some water. (was below/bottom of skimmer, now back to middle)

Then last night I checked the water and my FC and CYA were low, CYA was ~10! I raised both, FC to ~12 and CYA to 30-40

I didnt have a chance to check the water this morning so I threw half a jug of 10% chlorine in there (was going to be 100 today). I was only home from work for a second before running out in a hurry so I threw another 1/4 in there.

Tonight I just checked the water and here are the results

pH - 7.0 (looked in between 7.2 & 6.8, it was previously 7.2 before I vacuumed)
FC - 14.5-15 (little higher than I thought it would be)
CC - Less than .5!

CH - 80
TA - 70

I'm thinking my shock process is almost complete, I'm going to look at the pool school and figure out how to do the overnight test. I really want to get the rest of the levels up so I can maybe get in it for the first time this weekend :mrgreen:

This looks like just dirt, but this is what I was vacuuming, this is the night after vacuuming before I swept the bottom:

TiSyN8f.jpg

GzpL6wh.jpg

What levels do you want to get up?

The only thing questionable is the low pH. I think you still have a bit more shock process to go as you have not been very consistent with maintaining the shock level, but hopefully you are close.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.