Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Deck finished w/ waterfall (UPDATE 2nd 1/2 FINISHED)

1. Back To Top    #1

Deck finished w/ waterfall (UPDATE 2nd 1/2 FINISHED)

All except the post caps as didn't have the screws, now starting on the other 1/2 of deck today. I won't have any problem running water for slide at same time as waterfall as had to actually turn the valve pressure down on the waterfall as it was like a whitewater rapids when i turned it on full open.

http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/Lizzi ... t=2&page=1
    Lizzieann,

27x54 AGP with Waterfall, 18,500 gallons, Waterway Sand filter- Waterway 1.5 hp -1 speed pump , TF-100 test kit, BBB method.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 1st 1/2 of deck finished with waterfall (pics)

Looks good! Where did you get the slide?
    -Julie
    25,600gal/33' x 52" Sharkline Heritage, Pentair Clean & Clear 150sq ft filter, 1.5hp dual speed Optiflo pump, TF-100 test kit, BBB method, Pool Rover S2-40

3. Back To Top    #3

That looks sweeeeeeet!!!! When can we come over?!!!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

I ordered from amazon as some others didnt have the tan one and amazon got free super saver shipping so it came out the same price as lowest elsewhere. Its the "whitewater". Was worried about a higher one not being safe for little kids to climb and this one only requires 4' water which i have and 250lb weight limit. Works for adults and didn't have water hooked up yet and wet swimsuits only made it works just fine!
    Lizzieann,

27x54 AGP with Waterfall, 18,500 gallons, Waterway Sand filter- Waterway 1.5 hp -1 speed pump , TF-100 test kit, BBB method.

5. Back To Top    #5

Hmmmmm....I can't see the pictures....
    18 x 34 Doughboy AGP
    Hayward sand filter(need to look up the model #)
    1 HP Hayward pump(need to find the model on that too!)

6. Back To Top    #6

I can see the pics now! That is beautiful! That is the first water fall I have seen on an AGP. Do you have any pictures of how you did it?
    18 x 34 Doughboy AGP

7. Back To Top    #7

I ordered the waterfall from www.poolrock.com, it was the "maldives" (i think) and it has an instruction video on their website. The product is very light weight and you just trim to fit with a knife or something. I used a drimmel type tool. I removed the top cap to the pool post that would have been under it so it would be some what level. I put my deck level mostly with top rail so the waterfall would have the deck to set on, but its not heavy at all for the top rail. I have attached some more pics, but i didn't take any pics while installing. I didnt have to drill a hole in the deck as the space where the top rail was left a nice hole for me to put the flex pvc line through (you have to buy the line and glue on quick connect ends). I drilled holes in back of fountain to stick fake plants in as i didnt want chance of wind blowing into pool potted dirt plants. All plants are fake. I know the pool walls flex just a bit with heavy swimming so i left a gap to accomodate that factor. The long flex line is heavy when filled with water so i left it laying on the ground but i did put ties up to wood beam after pic taken to help support the flex line coming off the valve end so no downward pressure applied to where turn on valve is.

Lizzieann,

8. Back To Top    #8

That looks great! Thanks for the extra info!
    18 x 34 Doughboy AGP

9. Back To Top    #9

Wow awesome job oh so wish I had a handy hubby...I married a techie...beautiful job congrats

10. Back To Top    #10

I have visited the website and I am so wanting one of these. Which waterfall did you order or was it just a boulder modified to be a waterfall? If you don't mind my asking.
    24 ft. round ABG-vinyl-15200 gallon
    Sand Filter w/1 1/2 HP pump
    Installed May 2011
    Taylor K-2006 test kit
    BBB method

http://www.poolcalculator.com/
    pool-school/chlorine_cya_chart_shock
    pool-school/shocking_your_pool
    pool-school/pool_test_kit_comparison

11. Back To Top    #11

it was the maldives(best seller) remember to place a rock of your own to fit over the outlet pipe on top of waterfall (I found one in my yard that worked)
    Lizzieann,

12. Back To Top    #12

Nice job, seriously, for years I've envisioned that very same thing on my pool.

What do you think the total cost was?
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

13. Back To Top    #13

cost? depends, cost of deck, yikes! prices are on their website for the waterfalls and it included shipping in the price. pvc flex pipe, maybe $70 for 50' pvc flex pipe. I made sure to put waterfall opposite of skimmer to not obstruct water circulation, so I had to run it around 1/2 the pool wall distance.

You could always find a different waterfall such as this

http://www.nationalpoolwholesalers.com/ ... 00-29.html

Do a search on yahoo images and see what they have out there.

Or a handy person with some imagination could even make one themselves maybe out of expanda-foam poured into a mold of some sort and apply a rock look on the outer shell and run a pvc line throuh it. You would have to make sure the surface was pool water compatable. I could come up with all sorts of ideas to make one, but I had enough going on with building the deck this year and I just bought the thing.
    Lizzieann,

14. Back To Top    #14

This one is pretty cool and just sets on the deck itself.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BOUKGM2/ref ... B00BOUKGM2
    Lizzieann,

15. Back To Top    #15

Looks great! Any issues Witt he waterfall? I've been looking at the same one for a while, but just can't pull the trigger due to the lack of reviews... Could you post any ore pics too?

19200gl rectangular gunite/diamondbrite perl pool || Coverpools auto cover || Jandy variable speed 2hp e-pump & Polaris PB4-60 booster pump || Polaris 3900 sport cleaner || Jandy CV filter || Jandy AqualinkRS8 w/Aqualink touch || Jandy iAqualink2.0 || Jandy Watercolors LED || Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWCG || Hayward auto chlorinator (backup) || Raypak 117k BTU heat pump

16. Back To Top    #16

deck finished with waterfall(UPDATE) 2nd 1/2

My review of waterfall is thumbs up!!!!! Looks good and functions well.

I have finally finished 2nd 1/2 of deck. Next year tiki bar will be priority to finish it off!!!!! 2 months took me and very good friends volunteering many after work hours until dark set in to finish this thing.

Very last pic is before anything was installed, before any pool and was just before i started dreaming of installing the pool.

Lizzieann,

17. Back To Top    #17

Re: Deck finished w/ waterfall (UPDATE 2nd 1/2 FINISHED)

I wish I could see the pics but photobucket keeps asking for your password.

18. Back To Top    #18

TFP Guide

Re: Deck finished w/ waterfall (UPDATE 2nd 1/2 FINISHED)

Quote Originally Posted by rodzmaw View Post
    I wish I could see the pics but photobucket keeps asking for your password.

+1 to that.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor