clear green pool water with no mineral content or algae pres

Jun 9, 2013
Hello all and thank you for this very informative forum.

I have been reading with interest, many of your comments and solutions to problems and have a problem of my own.

We purchased and installed an 18' X 48" pool and had it filled by a tanker truck with city water (6550 gallons).

I took a water sample to naamco pool store and the test revealed no mineral content. Adviser said to add 5lbs ph+ and 1/4 gal of liquid pool shock. Upon adding the shock the water turned an instant clear green and I have not been able to get rid of it.

Filled on fri, today is sun and I have tried adding muriatic acid 1/2 gal and 2lbs powdered shock stabilizer, again at the advice of naamco.

I'm new to this and was thankful to find this forum for some genuine "real" advice. :-D

Re: clear green pool water with no mineral content or algae

Welcome to the forum :wave:

They say no metals, but, sure sounds like it. Add a start-up dose of sequestrant and that should take care of the clear green color.

Re: clear green pool water with no mineral content or algae

So they told you to add ph+ (soda ash) to raise ph and then told you to add muriatic acid to lower ph. This is why we avoid pool stores. If you listen to this forum you will have your pool cleared up and crystal clear in short order.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.