Hello all and thank you for this very informative forum.
I have been reading with interest, many of your comments and solutions to problems and have a problem of my own.
We purchased and installed an 18' X 48" pool and had it filled by a tanker truck with city water (6550 gallons).
I took a water sample to naamco pool store and the test revealed no mineral content. Adviser said to add 5lbs ph+ and 1/4 gal of liquid pool shock. Upon adding the shock the water turned an instant clear green and I have not been able to get rid of it.
Filled on fri, today is sun and I have tried adding muriatic acid 1/2 gal and 2lbs powdered shock stabilizer, again at the advice of naamco.
I'm new to this and was thankful to find this forum for some genuine "real" advice.