Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: clear green pool water with no mineral content or algae pres

1. Back To Top    #1

clear green pool water with no mineral content or algae pres

Hello all and thank you for this very informative forum.

I have been reading with interest, many of your comments and solutions to problems and have a problem of my own.

We purchased and installed an 18' X 48" pool and had it filled by a tanker truck with city water (6550 gallons).

I took a water sample to naamco pool store and the test revealed no mineral content. Adviser said to add 5lbs ph+ and 1/4 gal of liquid pool shock. Upon adding the shock the water turned an instant clear green and I have not been able to get rid of it.

Filled on fri, today is sun and I have tried adding muriatic acid 1/2 gal and 2lbs powdered shock stabilizer, again at the advice of naamco.

I'm new to this and was thankful to find this forum for some genuine "real" advice.

2. Back To Top    #2
    South Carolina

Re: clear green pool water with no mineral content or algae

Welcome to the forum

They say no metals, but, sure sounds like it. Add a start-up dose of sequestrant and that should take care of the clear green color.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Cypress, TX

So they told you to add ph+ (soda ash) to raise ph and then told you to add muriatic acid to lower ph. This is why we avoid pool stores. If you listen to this forum you will have your pool cleared up and crystal clear in short order.
    23x40 freeform w/spa, 28,000 gal. PCC-2000 in-floor cleaning. Pebble Sheen w/flagstone coping. 14' weeping wall, (2) 18" sheer descents. Sta Rite- cart 400 sqft. filter, Intellipro VS pump, 1hp (cleaning)2hp (water feature)Max E Pro's. Easy Touch 8 function w/IPod. Rainbow chlorinator, Paramount Clear O3 (I know, I know), Max-E-Therm 400K heater.

4. Back To Top    #4
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Common complaint. Iron. How 'bout posting a picture so we have something to refer others to?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!