Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris pressure side cleaner tail--no brush??

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris pressure side cleaner tail--no brush??

Hi,
    Another question, the pressure side cleaner (? polaris 280?), that I use has the tail, with a sponge that claims to brush the pool. Does it do a good job? Can I skip brushing the pool myself if i run the polaris several hours each day?
    Thanks
    16,000 gallon, inground. Diamond bright finish. Hayward 1.5 hp superpump, quad 80 DE filter, Jandy legacy gas heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris pressure side cleaner tail--no brush??

The tail sponge on the Polaris will help, but occasional brushing with a pool brush will still be necessary.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

Well, thanks. I kind of thought that. What do you think is occasional? Once a week? Hopefully every 2 weeks?
    16,000 gallon, inground. Diamond bright finish. Hayward 1.5 hp superpump, quad 80 DE filter, Jandy legacy gas heater

4. Back To Top    #4

The little scrubber will probably last a season if you run your cleaner year around. I replaced mine last year and decided to get the tail pro scrubber that clips on. It moves more water and keeps the tail down. I have had it for a few days and noticed it blows the dirt out from the corners alot better.

Pool Size: 20 x 40 Free Form Inground Plaster Pool w/ a shallow cove.
    Gallons : ~23K Jandy CL580 Cartridge Filter, Jandy e-pump 1.5HP
    Polaris 280 w/ Booster Pump, AqualinkRS PDA4 Remote, Aqua-Pure SWG
    Jandy LED Pool Lights (2), Heliocol 500 Sq. Ft solar rack system