Hey y'all!

Jun 8, 2013
Diana, TX
My husband and I, along with our 5 kids, moved into a new house over the winter. We now have a 50,000 gallon pool to take care of. This is the first time for either of us to have a pool so we are both just getting started with the learning process.
We had a pool guy come out a few months ago to get everything running properly, but we are now caring for it ourselves. My husband works A LOT, so it will be mostly me keeping the pool clean and clear.
About a week ago the pool started turning green!
Just a few days ago I knew absolutely zero about pools (except that me and the kids like swimming in them). Luckily, I found y'all. I have been reading a lot of posts, gone to pool school, got a Taylor testing kit and have been using the pool calculator to get things under control. I also learned how to change the light bulbs because 3 of our 5 were out.
Everything seems to be on track and the pool is looking and testing much better after only 24 hrs.
I know I will have lots of questions and look forward to learning how to keep a beautiful pool.

Thanks for the welcome.

And yep, it is big. I am certain of the volume. I measured and calculated with the link from this site. It is a shallow pool of 4ft and a deep pool of 12ft with a waterfall between the two, and a spa.

calekam said:
Thanks for the welcome.

And yep, it is big. I am certain of the volume. I measured and calculated with the link from this site. It is a shallow pool of 4ft and a deep pool of 12ft with a waterfall between the two, and a spa.

Oh my, it sounds like my dream pool! :party: That is indeed large. Welcome to TFP and you are certainly on the right track in educating yourself. Great to see that and it is refreshing to say the least. Let us know how we can help....and where in the heck is Diana? (Midland area here)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support