Pump/Filter Replacement for 25,000 gal IG Vinyl Pool

Jun 20, 2012
Camp Verde, Arizona
I have read lots and lots of post regarding this topic but would like direction accounting for the newest pumps and filters on the market. I have a 24-25,000 gal IG vinyl pool with one skimmer basket and 2- returns. Current set up is a sand filter Triton TR-50 (currently filled with Zeolite) and a 3/4 HP A.O. Smith E-Plus Pump (labeled HP=1.3?).

The sand filter is in need of replacement while the pump was replaced a couple of years ago. I am looking to replace the sand filter, possibly filled with glass media. I would also like to add a solar set up (at ground level) in the near future.

What is the minimum sand filter/pump set-up and what is the optimum?

Thanks!

For you 22000 gallon pool we would recommend a minimum 4.1 sq. ft. sand filter (yours is 2.46 sq. ft.).

For the pump, you could consider replacing the motor with a 2-speed. What you listed was for the motor, do you know the model/make of the pump?

zymurdoo said:
Not sure where the 22,000 gal comes from but I was expecting to need a 5.0 CF filter.
My fault...for your 24000 gallon pool we recommend a minimum sand filter of 4.5 sq. ft.

zymurdoo said:
The pump says CHii-3/4fe. No manufacture or anything else.
That sounds like a pentair challenger pump model 345213. The a.o. smith B2981 (115v) or B2980 (230V) motors would be a 2-speed replacements. Which voltage is yours?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.