Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: summer escape and intex cartridges

1. Back To Top    #1

summer escape and intex cartridges

I just realized i bought ntex size b,but says summer escapes on the pkg are they interchangeable. These also have a special basket on the inside to hold chlorine tablets. Im using the bbb method, got the tf100 kit i was doing great now im confused numbers all over the place. Are the size b cartridges the same and if so can place a tablet in the intex 2500 gph system?might help get my fc stabilized.
    Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: summer escape and intex cartridges

If the part number on the endcap of the cartridge is 59905E, then you have the right one.

May I suggest for your next filter cartridge purchase you try a Unicel 5315? Much better filter material, thicker and works much better than the Intex filters. A few $$ more, but worth it.

By basket, are you referring to the tube with the holes in it down the center of the filter?
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes to the holes inside as basket...i would do the unicel but my sand filter and pump r being installed next wk...do u know a way to use an auto vac without a thru the wall skimmer being installed?

4. Back To Top    #4

No I don't have a way offhand to attach an auto vac. Since my pool is only a 15' round, I manually vacuum mine.

However, I do use the (cheap Intex) skimmer connection inside the pool to attach my hose to with an adapter from the local hardware store pool section. This might work for you.

The tube with the holes in it inside the filter cart is there to support the filter paper. I don't believe it was intended to be used for chlorine pucks, but it might be possible, if you can keep the puck from going out the return line to the pool.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

It actually says thats what its for on the pkg its a plastic bicket with holes in it and pkg shows pic and says it made to hold 3" capsule of chorine thought if i can use that with the 2500 gph filter while stil have it maybe might help with my fc and cya

6. Back To Top    #6

Then yes, you can use pucks to increase your CYA and FC in the filter.

When I opened my pool this year with a fresh fill of water, it took 6 pucks in my skimmer to get my CYA to 30-40ppm. Obviously, yours would take much more. Do look at the ingredients in your pucks, make sure there is NO copper in any form. The most common form is copper sulfate pentahydrate. Not something you want in your pool, unless you like green hair!

Do you have a good test kit yet? If not, do get the TF-100 or K-2006. The only difference in these kits is the amount of reagents.

7. Back To Top    #7

What do u mean by cheap intex skimmer conne tion inside the pool. What type do u have i have the 22x52 round ultra frame 2500 gph cartridge sys i only see to things in pool inlet and return.

I think since i dont need an auto skimmer and the only problem after two weeks of having it up and no vac is three small spots of sand. Rather then cut my pool for the through the wall liner im thinking of buying a pool blaster catfish or max.

8. Back To Top    #8

My pool originally came with a small round skimmer that hangs from the side of the pool.

Here's what I'm talking about: http://www.amazon.com/Intex-58946A-P...=intex+skimmer

Inside the suction port screen is a second set of threads on the pool wall. This item http://www.amazon.com/Surface-Intex-...=intex+skimmer screws onto those threads. I plug my hose into it.

Sorry if I confused you.