What's a decent vacuum for smaller pump?

Apr 18, 2011
Hi,
I have always used the water hose vacuum "splasher vac" but am ready to get something that doesn't add more water to the pool. I have a 1000/gph Intex pump. What vacuum can I get? I've read mixed reviews on both the intex vacuum for smaller pools and the skooba small pool vac.

Thanks!
Laura

Unfortunately, the cartridge pumps that intex packages with their pools are not very good. The sand filters however are not bad and can be used with a suction side vacuum. I am not sure about the 2500 cartridge filter, but I think I have read that people have had some success with suction side vacuums and that one, though I still would not recommend it as a filter.

We had the same problem with our pool, Pro Series 18x52. It came with a skimmer plate, hose, head, and pole; however it wasn't strong enough to pick up the debris. We went to the pool store, and any vacuum that would work for us was in the $399+ range. I just bought the splash vac they had at Wally World and that was extremely frustrating to say the least. We just bought an Intex 2,600 gph pump off Ebay for $169 (with free shipping) and no problems, we hook up the hose and done in addition to having a much better filter system and all the money we were throwing away!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.