May 29, 2013
Friday afternoon I tested the water with my K-2006
FC 5.5
cc 0
pH 8.0 or higher, was really red
TA 150
CH 180
CYA 35

We had a huge rainstorm on Friday night and I woke up to a green pool, there was what looked like green dust on the bottom and on the tile. The FC level was still around 5 in the morning, no CC. But the CYA read 60, from other posts I think this may be a false reading due to the cloudy green water.

I added liquid bleach to get my FC level up to 18, and it looks like its getting better (a little :cry: ) after half a day.

Two questions?
1. Can I add acid while I am shocking to get the PH and TA under control, or do I need to wait till the FC levels are lower again
2. In general, how do you bring the FC levels back after the green clears up. Do I just not add any bleach until the FC levels get back to target? Or do I still add bleach at lower levels?

Thanks all for this site, would be so lost without it!!!!!!

Welcome to the forum :wave:

You can test and adjust pH when the FC is below 10.

Let FC drop, test and adjust pH. Allow 30 minutes between additions and testing. Once pH is confirmed, resume the shock process.

Don't worry about TA now.

thanks for the feedback. I tested CYA this morning and it read 40 now that the water is a bit less cloudy. My FC is still at 17.

Since it will take a couple days to get the FC level down to 10 so I can test PH, is there no value in adding acid now? I know the PH was high before the shock. Or should I just be patient and shut up?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.