Hayward Heat Pump Wiring Question

Jun 8, 2013
Good afternoon everyone,

I just purchased a new electric Hayward Heat Pump. I ran a dedicated circuit for the heat pump to a service disconnect panel at my equipment pad (240 Volt 2 Pole 50 Amp GFCI circuit breaker in my main panel and 6/3 wire to the equipment pad). The heat pump was delivered and I opened the access panel and do not see a neutral connection. I have researched this, on this forum as well as others, and see some equipment is not setup for a neutral wire, which surprises me. My question is my GFCI circuit breaker is setup for 6/3 wire (2 hot connections, a neutral connection, and a pig tail neutral to the panel neutral bar) and I have run 6/3 wire to the equipment pad service disconnect, so how do I now terminate the neutral wire in the disconnect panel?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Chris.

Bama,

Thank you for the fast reply.

So the neutral wire in the main panel and in the service disconnect is not connected to anything. It's just left "free". Should I cap it with a wire nut or do anything to it? Just looks weird sitting there.

Thank you again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.