ph 7.6
    FC 8
    TA 70
    CH 280
    CYA 65
    Salt 3200
    Borax approx. 50
    temp 86

Leave it alone or should I raise the CYA a little, I do have some liquid left over? Florida pool gets full Sun.

Thanks all.
    13000 in ground Wet Edge Satin Tahitian Blue, Pentair VS pump, Hayward DE4820, Hayward Vac, Pentair SWG IC 40, Pentair Intellibrite 5G, Intellibrite Controller,
    TF-100 Test Kit, Seminole, West Central Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: test results advise

I'd leave it alone. Maybe turn the SWG down a notch. No need to work it to death.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Its on 80% I will take it to 60 now, thanks Richard. Leave the CYA alone or raise it a little?
    13000 in ground Wet Edge Satin Tahitian Blue, Pentair VS pump, Hayward DE4820, Hayward Vac, Pentair SWG IC 40, Pentair Intellibrite 5G, Intellibrite Controller,

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Leave the CYA alone or raise it a little?
    Perhaps raise it but not much....do not exceed 80. Your call......I would leave it if it were my pool.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by roth79
    Its on 80% I will take it to 60 now, thanks Richard. Leave the CYA alone or raise it a little?
    How confidant are you on your test results?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

CYA is always iffy but tf-100. checked it twice, 65ish.

7. Back To Top    #7

I would test it again in a week to see if it changes. If it repeats in a weeks time, you could bump it up. You are close to ideal, so there is no need to adjust it now.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process