Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: forgot to introduce myself

1. Back To Top    #1

forgot to introduce myself

Hello from NW NJ. DW and I love relaxing in the back yard. 4 years ago we bought a 36" tall 16' wide Intex pool. That did us for 3 years but I got tired of breaking the pool down, dragging it into the basement in the fall then back out in the spring. We jumped to a 21' wide 54" inch tall above ground beauty.

Due to the weather the installer took a little longer then originally hoped so we had to make due for a couple of hot weekends.

Here's a link to the install:
    21' AG (~11,000 gallons)
    Hayward S180T sand filter (35 gpm)
    Hayward Power-Flow SP1510 pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: forgot to introduce myself

Welcome to tfp, fireman00
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3
    DFW, Texas

Welcome aboard fireman00!

I know you mentioned your location in your post. Going forward...
    Please add to your profile the state and nearest city in which you live. Your climate is important to the advice you receive. By doing this, it will appear in all your posts without you having to enter it each time.

Here's how to do this: Adding location to your profile and pool info to your signature.

If you don't already have one, you will need a good test kit to properly manage your pool. Here is a comparison of the recommended Test Kits
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome NJ from TX. Enjoy your stay here!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr