Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Will fountain affect Chlorine levels?

1. Back To Top    #1

Will fountain affect Chlorine levels?

Question. I am still working on clearing up the pool, and maintaining shock levels, but as I learn about the BBB method and how to better maintain my pool, I thought about the floating fountain I usually pull out and hook to one of the return lines in mid-summer, just to cool the water down when it feels like a bathtub in July/August.

I was thinking about hooking it up to help aeriate and raise pH levels too, now that I know that is an option. But that led to the question which never occured to me before: will using a fountain cause chlorine loss? I know there is added evaporation when running it, or at least would think so, even with every drop coming back down in the middle of the pool.

Thanks!
    Jim

27K gal, IG vinyl, 3/4 HP Starite pump w/ 1HP motor, Hayward Micro-Clear 36 sqft DE filter, Hayward Salt and Swim 3C, Kreepy Krauly cleaner. Pool age 30+ years.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Will fountain affect Chlorine levels?

It shouldn't affect your chlorine levels, but may affect the amount of water evaporation
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Will fountain affect Chlorine levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Suziqzer
    It shouldn't affect your chlorine levels, but may affect the amount of water evaporation
    Ok - thanks!
    Jim

27K gal, IG vinyl, 3/4 HP Starite pump w/ 1HP motor, Hayward Micro-Clear 36 sqft DE filter, Hayward Salt and Swim 3C, Kreepy Krauly cleaner. Pool age 30+ years.