Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Gas Heater not coming on after Andrea

1. Back To Top    #1

Gas Heater not coming on after Andrea

I have a Hayward Gas Heater, model H400FDN, which has been working fine since we opened pool this season. After the torrential rain and wind from Andrea, it is not working today - no lights, no sound, nothing. Thoughts?
    36K inground, Hayward 450SF Cartridge Filter, Hayward 2HP Pump, River Rok Granite Pebble Finish, soon to be SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Gas Heater not coming on after Andrea

Sounds like the igniter and/or other components may have gotten wet, especially after a storm like that. I had a similar problem with my gas heater when I first moved into our current house. After a significant rain, the heater would not operate. After things dried out, then it worked fine. I then got a cover for it and that solved the problem.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Have you checked to see if a breaker is tripped?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks! It did just need to dry out - by evening it was working fine.
    36K inground, Hayward 450SF Cartridge Filter, Hayward 2HP Pump, River Rok Granite Pebble Finish, soon to be SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.