Liner Wrinkles Around Bottom Drain. Why ? How to clean?

Jul 25, 2008
Attached are pics of the bottom drain. It appears the vinyl liner is wrinkling around the drain making it difficult to clean. Don't want to scrub to hard as I don't want to crack a wrinkle thus cutting the liner. This has been there for a few years but slowly getting worse

-pool liner 11 yrs old
-I use liquid cl as for chlorine treatment. Started using liquid cl during the last 5 years.
-One person stated this was caused by large amount of liquid chlorine settling on the bottom before it disperses. Another person stated that Alkalinity was low at some time earlier.

How to clean until I replace the liner?

Attachments

• IMG_0739-001.JPG
    IMG_0739-001.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0754-001.JPG
    IMG_0754-001.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1070-001.JPG
    IMG_1070-001.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 79
Re: Liner Wrinkles Around Bottom Drain. Why ? How to clean

When your pool starts to leak, there is your source. It's a combination of settling chemicals, low TA and PH. It may well have occurred prior to switching to liquid, or by some chance if your filter wasn't running long enough after chlorine additions. I've seen it in pools that used liquid with no stabilizer and they didn't monitor PH and TA. Just used strips and when chlorine was low poured some in, not filtering at times and poured slowly around perimeter of the pool. The low PH/TA allowed the liner to become brittle in that exact location. Two liners in less than 10 years - identical issues. I wouldn't worry about cleaning it - messing with the area is more likely to cause it to leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.