Pentair Spa Command Switch Replacement Procedure

Jun 7, 2010
My current 4 button Pentair Spa Command (spa-side) switch (which is about 7 years old) has been slowly malfunctioning and is now completely inoperative. I understand it's common that these Pentair Spa Command switches go bad after a few years. A search online has revealed that replacement switches come with the wiring in various lengths.

My question: As I already have an existing Pentair Spa Command switch installed in my in-ground spa, can I simply just replace the switch by connecting it to the existing installed wiring or do I need to install the new switch and new wiring as an assembly? I would like to avoid re-running the new wiring underground all the way back to my Intellitouch control panel if I can avoid it.

Thanks.

You can use your existing wiring if you want. You'll probably have to splice the wires together though and you want a good water tight seal on the connections. Check you existing wire as much as you can for any cracks in the outer cover that might be exposing the wires. If you have something showing, you just might want to pull the new wire. It's pretty easy to do.

Thank you, ps0303.

Good to know I do have the option of splicing. So removing the old wire and pulling the new wire and hooking everything back up to my Intellitouch panel is easy to do? If so, perhaps this is the preferred method, yes? Any easy step-by-step instructions available? I looked on the Internet, but couldn't find anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.