Greetings from the 'Republic'- Texas

Leo

Jun 8, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Just was referred to this site by friend when I almost raised white flag. Unable to get green from bottom and sides pool after brushing, shocking, algae liquid and powder. Sent out SOS to group and this site was highly recommended. I am looking forward to researching this site. I am a novice pool owner (in ground pool). Kept pool good last summer but after winter and winter pool neglect (most likely etiology of my challenges) have real challenge to bring pool back to a usable status. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Leo,

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

A couple of things to help us help you...
  • 1. Please put the nearest city and state in which you live in your profile or in your text. Your climate is important to the advice you receive. As we both know, Texas is a big state and the advice we may provide on a given question may be different for someone living in Amarillo vs. Brownsville.
    2. Suggest adding information about your pool and related equipment in your signature. By doing this, it will automatically appear in all your posts so you do not have to re-enter it each time. If you have a SWG, please include those letters in your signature so it stands out as the advice for SWG vs. non-SWG is often different.
Here's how to do both of the above: Adding location to your profile and pool info to your signature.

If you don't already have one, you will need a good test kit to properly manage your pool. Here is a comparison of the recommended Test Kits