Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Western Massachusetts!!!!!!!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Western Massachusetts!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy I found this forum, I am just starting to plan my pool build and I can not stop reading all the information you all have to provide!!!!!!

I am in Southwick, MA and so far I am leaning towards a Vinyl Liner 20X40 or so with a Roman End on the deep side and Roman steps on the other. Wife wants a Spillover Spa or water feature, we will see what the budget says.

There is so much to read, I am so glad I found this. I have visited 4 PB stores so far, 2 are scheduled to come to my house. Funny both Polymer ones spoke about how steel rusts when I asked what type of pools they install. The steel company never bashed polymer. The 4th one I went to does both and said Steel is cheaper so most go with it, other than that either will last longer than our lifetime.

Anyway I look forward to learning as much as I can, I am sure I will have plenty of questions, and I look forward to being an active member of the Forum.
    24X44 IG Vinyl Custom Shaped Pool, Starite S7M400 Cartridge Filter, Starite Sumpermax VS Pump, built July 2015, TF-100 Test Kit, Pentair Intellichlor IC40 SWG, NG Starite SR400 Heater, Easytouch with Screen Logic, Magicstream Laminars, Bullfrog A7 Spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from Western Massachusetts!!!!!!!!!

Hi, welcome to TFP! Feel free to ask any questions you may have. There are quite a few threads where folks have documented their pool builds. They will tell about the issues they had while building. Read a few of those and it will help you to know what to expect during the build process.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you all, I appreciate the warm welcome!!
    24X44 IG Vinyl Custom Shaped Pool, Starite S7M400 Cartridge Filter, Starite Sumpermax VS Pump, built July 2015, TF-100 Test Kit, Pentair Intellichlor IC40 SWG, NG Starite SR400 Heater, Easytouch with Screen Logic, Magicstream Laminars, Bullfrog A7 Spa