toofast dirt back in pool

May 9, 2013
North East Ohio
Do not hijack. It is confusing when two people are asking the same question in one thread. I have started you a new one.

I have a new setup and had a TON of very fine dirt from 6 months of my pool sitting with no filter. Manually got all the big stuff, but when I vacuumed for the first time, I could physically see the dirt coming back through the returns.

My pressure started at 10 and this was happening at 13 or so...

Following TPS rules, it was time to backwash, but by then most of the heavy dirt was already vacuumed. My PB says I was overloading the filter and it could not keep up, I just don't get that...

Any ideas ?

does your filter have the ability to pump to waste? (it bypasses filter)
my sand filter has that, just let pool sit over night adding extra water the day before you do it.
if you do not, once the majority of dirt has settled on the bottom, remove the return line to your yard
and drain it there.
I think it is just a very fine silt that the filter can not catch. though some people add DE to their sand
filter to be able to pick up and hold the fine stuff.
Oh also, for the next few days or so. with extra water still in pool. start up pool with filter valve set to
the rinse. you should be doing that after every a back flush any way. rinse for 30 or so seconds. any of that silt
will be first to bypass and go to yard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.