Intex Ultra Frame vs. Intex Metal Frame?

Jun 7, 2013
Hey everyone, I apologize if this has been asked before, but I performed a forum search and did not find a topic like this one. We decided to go ahead and buy the 15 x 48 Intex Metal Frame Pool today. We have not set it up or taken it out of the box yet. After reading reviews of the metal frame pool, I've become a little skeptical about going forward with it. I found a 14 x 48 Intex Ultra Frame Pool for about the same price that was paid for the metal frame, and was wondering if I should bring back the metal frame and go ahead and pick up the ultra frame? Has anyone here had experience with both pools? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think most people who have had both say the Ultra Frame is better. The Ultra frame legs are wider, as is the top rail, and it installs easier due to the built in lock tabs, while the blue metal frame has separate lock pins that have to be inserted into each piece, which means more parts to deal with (and potentially lose.) Some say the ultra frame liner is a little thicker too, though I can't say for sure because I've only had the ultra frame. Plus, I think the ultra frame just looks nicer too, almost like a steel wall pool (well, sort of.) I think you will be much happier with the ultra frame if you're willing to sacrifice that extra foot of diameter. Of course, you could also get a 16x48 Ultra Frame for more money.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.