Oddball k-2006 question

cb24

May 27, 2013
I just bought a k-2006c from Amazon. When I opened it one of the vials of DPD powder had opened and exploded all over the inside. When I processed my replacement they told me it was back ordered for 8 weeks. I am willing to lose the cost of the powder, but is there any risk in cleaning off the powder and using the kit, or can it taint results and such? Does the powder itself pose a risk, the msds didn't seem like it was all that bad.

That seems to be a common complaint from the Amazon kits. I think the shipping department throws the kits around before boxing them (post office joke!).

Seriously, I have heard that complaint many times on poolforum.

ship of fools said:
I hate to see people buy the kits elsewhere :grrrr: ..... with all of the valuable advice we receive here it seems like the least we could do is buy the kits from here instead of amazon etc

Sorry about that, I had found PoolForum before I found TFP, so naturally I bought from the suggested vendor. Since coming here, I have been supporting TFP as well by buying my reagents from TFTestkits. Which reminds me....running low on DPD powder.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.