Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Oddball k-2006 question

1. Back To Top    #1

Oddball k-2006 question

I just bought a k-2006c from Amazon. When I opened it one of the vials of DPD powder had opened and exploded all over the inside. When I processed my replacement they told me it was back ordered for 8 weeks. I am willing to lose the cost of the powder, but is there any risk in cleaning off the powder and using the kit, or can it taint results and such? Does the powder itself pose a risk, the msds didn't seem like it was all that bad.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Oddball k-2006 question

I would try and save as much of the powder as you can. You can still use it. Clean it off everything. It won't hurt the rest of the tests.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

That seems to be a common complaint from the Amazon kits. I think the shipping department throws the kits around before boxing them (post office joke!).

Seriously, I have heard that complaint many times on poolforum.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

I hate to see people buy the kits elsewhere ..... with all of the valuable advice we receive here it seems like the least we could do is buy the kits from here instead of amazon etc
    21,000 gallon inground
    Haywood Sand Filter
    Vinyl Liner

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by ship of fools
    I hate to see people buy the kits elsewhere ..... with all of the valuable advice we receive here it seems like the least we could do is buy the kits from here instead of amazon etc
    Sorry about that, I had found PoolForum before I found TFP, so naturally I bought from the suggested vendor. Since coming here, I have been supporting TFP as well by buying my reagents from TFTestkits. Which reminds me....running low on DPD powder.....
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.